M300 Wireless Vehicle Occupancy Detection System
The wireless occupancy detection system uses embedded in-ground sensors to detect the presence of vehicles parked over them. The system provides an accurate, lower cost and easier to install alternative to other occupancy detection systems.
- Simple, low cost installation
- No slotting, trenching or ducting required
- Readily scalable and upgradeable solution
- Delivers real-time parking space information to drivers when linked to variable message signs
- Easy to integrate with other control systems
- Increased accuracy and reliability compared to other occupancy detection systems
- Suitable for surface, multi-story and indoor parking installations
- Unobtrusive, non-invasive and robust design
- 98%+ accuracy in occupancy detection
- Web based data analysis
- Battery powered with 5+ years battery life and replaceable batteries
- Wide operating temperature range (-40°C to +65°C)
- IP68 weather resistant detectors
- Multi-hop, self-configuring, self healing mesh protocol
- Integrated Uninterruptable Power
- Supply (UPS) ensures continued operation for up to 15 days during a power failure
Featuring Tinynode™ technology inside, the Golden River M300 Occupancy Detector has been designed to accurately detect the presence of a vehicle in a defined zone including over prolonged occupancy. The M300 is suitable for a wide range of
applications, such as; car parking space occupancy, parking bay monitoring, dynamic parking payment schemes, lorry parking applications; through to Emergency Refuge Areas, taxi ranks and monitoring ‘No Parking’ zones.
Output from the system can be linked to management information and control systems and or variable message signs.
Unlike many occupancy systems that rely on overhead mounting, the M300 in-ground embedded sensors wirelessly transmit their detection data in real time, via secure low power radio technology, stud to stud, to a nearby M310 Access Point which feeds the
information to the system in station for analysis and display. For larger more complex installations with a larger number of detection locations or spread over a large area the M310 Access Point may be supplemented by the use of a M315 Repeater Unit.
With more than 98% accuracy in occupancy detection, it yields excellent reliability, coupled to advanced low power bi-directional communications between the detector and other components in the system that enables remote monitoring of the system and detector battery levels. The M300 occupancy system utilises the mesh protocol with self configuring, multi hop, stud to stud communications ensuring the integrity of the system information at all times.
Product ToolboxProduct Spec Sheet
M300 Wireless Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Video
Latest Case Studies
Aberdeen M100 Wireless Vehicle Detection
Aberdeen City Council was finding that within the city the life of the inductive loop could be as little as 3 to 5 years. The primary causes of failure were identified as typically being: damage from road works, such as by the utility and or communication installation companies cutting through loops as they install or maintain their own services; or general degradation of aging road surfaces.
Trouble free traffic light control in Blackburn
Capita Symonds working on behalf of Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council has been regularly faced with these issues when using traditional inductive loops and are delighted with the opportunity to install a more cost effective and new alternative technology presented by Golden River Traffic.