M210 Solar Powered Logging Stud
Golden River's innovative M210 Solar Powered Logging Stud combines Clearview Traffic’s extensive expertise with a range of technologies including solar power, radio communications and magnetometer based vehicle detection. Provides cost effective traffic volume data whilst eliminating the need for roadside infrastructure.
- Fast, cost effective installation
- Minimal data collection trips required saving time, money and carbon emissions
- Renewable energy source reduces environmental impact
- Minimal maintenance required, increasing efficiency
- Unobtrusive and less likely to sustain damage from road users
- Roadside wireless connection enables safe data collection
- Binned vehicle count in one minute intervals
- 1 year data storage capacity
- 13cm diameter
- Self contained with no roadside cabinet or loops required
- Simple installation
- Almost “invisible” once installed
Count vehicles precisely and accurately with this compact, sleek, self-contained traffic counter.
Installation is quick and simple with the M210 installed into a 130mm diameter hole in the centre of the road. Once installed, it can count any passing vehicles, recording traffic data in one minute intervals, storing it within the unit.
An integrated solar panel provides power to an integrated rechargeable battery ensuring continuous operation for years without the need for any form of routine maintenance. In order to collect the data from the device, a specially designed radio dongle can be plugged into a USB port to wirelessly communicate to the M210. Data is then retrieved using a simple download application.
The range of wireless communications will work up to approximately 10 meters away meaning engineers can connect with the unit safely and efficiently.
- Local authorities: Delivers additional granularity to the comprehensive data generated by the specialised loop based counter classifiers.
- Retail environments: Provides a clear historic record of vehicle movements in and out of car parks and surrounding road traffic flows.
- Country parks: Gives an indication of visitor numbers.
- Car park entrance and exits: Gives clarity on the number of vehicles entering and leaving the car park, and in the surrounding roads.
- Events: Monitors seasonal traffic patterns including show grounds, sporting events, air shows, and exhibition centres.
M210 Solar Powered Logging Stud Video
Latest Case Studies
Traffic counting in Stones River Mall, Tennessee, USA
Stones River Shopping Mall have installed a number of M210 Solar Powered Logging Studs to monitor traffic volumes at entrances to the mall, enabling them to gain reliable data capture at a fraction of the cost of using traditional traffic counting devices.
Traffic network monitoring in London
Road network management in London is highly complex and Golden River has worked with Transport for London (TfL) since 1996 to help overcome these complexities by developing, installing and maintaining network monitoring services to ensure reliable and accurate data collection.