SolarLite S Series Surface Studs
Smart, Safe and Sustainable surface mounted road stud. Proven to increase night time road safety. Providing a view of the road layout ahead, in the drivers natural line of vision, well beyond the headlight beam of a vehicle.
- Proven reduction in night time accidents by over 70% on current UK installations
- 10 time greater visibility for drivers than traditional reflective road studs
- Additional "preview" time for drivers on winding roads
- Ability to see road delineation in reduced visibility caused by fog, rain or surface spray
- Highlights sharp bends, dips in the road and other hazards.
- Visible delineation on wet roads where white lines become invisible due to impaired reflected light.
- Lower lifetime cost than traditional reflective road studs
- Highly visible and newsworthy contribution to road safety
- Effective additional driver safety when used in conjunction with street light reduction schemes
- Up to 900m of visibility
- Reliable all night, all year round performance
- Totally sustainable harnessing free solar energy
- Use where street lighting is either unavailable, not cost effective or environmentally not possible
- Superior battery and charging circuits designed to maintain light outputs throughout a full annual cycle.
- Suitable for all edge of carriageway applications.
- Additional retro-reflectivity from prismatic corner cube reflectors
- Matrix type base to enhance the anchoring of the stud to the road surface
- Maintenance free - fully self contained
- Full range of colour options for all delineation use including amber, red, white or green
Making do with substantial visibility on the road is a recipe for disaster, collisions and in the worst case scenario, fatalities.
Conventional cats eyes studs are becoming outmoded and will soon be obsolete thanks to a more innovative, safer and reliable method of delineation.
SolarLite S Series Studs deliver 10 x greater visibility of the layout of the road ahead and have already reduced road accidents by over 70% at their UK installation sites. What's more, since they charge and activate via natural sunlight, they don't rely on headlight reflection.
Let's put that into perspective. As a motorist driving at a speed of 100km/h (62mph), your reaction time to scope out the road ahead is predicted to be over 30 seconds. That's a dramatic difference compared with conventional retro-reflective road studs which offer you only 3.2 seconds.
Even in poor conditions (rain and fog or surface spray) where traditional retro-reflectors and road markings are less visible, SolarLite surface studs continue to shine brightly guiding you safely.
SolarLite surface studs are also more robust and durable than traditional road studs meaning they've a lower overall cost than a retro-reflective road stud and better longevity.
Just a few hours of daylight will provide enough battery power to last days - more than enough to ensure the system operates all year round whatever the weather and wherever the location in the world.
The Astucia SolarLite S Series Surface Studs mount studs are ideal for use in locations where enhanced delineation is required but flush filling may not be possible.
The SolarLite S Series is fully Type Approved by the United Kingdom Department for Transport.
- Pedestrian pathway delineation and marking
- Demarcation of combined pedestrian and cycle paths so that cyclists and pedestrian are separated
- Car parks and architectural designs
Product ToolboxProduct Spec Sheet
Latest Case Studies
M671 Weigh In Motion System on Newcastle High Level Bridge
Golden River can provide Weigh In Motion (WIM) solutions to protect structures, ensuring the safe and correct use. One such example is the Newcastle High Level bridge which was reopened in June 2008 to Gateshead-bound public transport.
Optimising car park usage in Canterbury, Kent
During peak shopping periods traffic queues to City Centre car parks often lead to congestion issues with some car parks at gridlock whilst others just a short distance away are left with many available parking spaces. This leads to driver frustration, queuing and congestion within the City. Congestion also has a negative environmental impact, increasing emissions from idling cars whilst waiting to find an available parking space.