IRS2 Hardwired Intelligent Road Studs
Mains powered embedded intelligent road stud: 1,000m of sharp, defined delineation during the day and after dark
Astucia's Hardwired Intelligent Road Studs are customisable highly visible in-road lighting systems that reduce accidents and collisions at road intersections, crossings, cross-walks, railway crossings, tunnels and can be used to increase highway capacity via Dynamic Lane Marking.
- Proven increase in safety at pedestrian, railway and tram crossings
- Increased road capacity and reduction in congestion when used with dynamic road marking schemes
- Highly visible and newsworthy contribution to road safety and traffic management
- Additional driver safety aid when used in conjunction with street light reduction schemes
- Particularly effective in poor weather conditions
- Up to 1000m visibility
- Modular design / upgradeable
- Programmable functionality
- Low maintenance
- Low power consumption
- Profile less than 4mm
- Integration with and activation by 3rd party traffic control devices
- Pedestrian, cycle and motorcycle friendly
- Switchable uni and bi-directional capability
The innovative and flexible design of Astucia hardwired studs provides drivers with advance awareness of the road ahead, giving them more time to react accordingly.
Suitable for a wide range of applications from dynamic lane marking, tunnel delineation to pedestrian crossing systems, the revolutionary Intelligent Road Studs are effective in all lighting conditions, making them a clear choice when it comes to improving safety on our roads.
When used in conjunction with road capacity and expansion schemes, dynamic lane marking using Astucia hardwired studs can increase highway capacity and reduce congestion.
The studs have been used to successfully delineate the Hindhead Tunnel in Surrey, resulting in quicker, smoother journey times for road users. Astucia successfully installed 868 Hardwired Bi-Directional studs split equally between the 2 tunnel bores, making the tunnel more clearly defined, and guiding motorists through the tunnel safely and allowing switchable delineation between normal and contraflow running.
The bi-directional studs can be switched between uni and bi-directional settings and can be specified with different colours in each direction.
Product ToolboxProduct Spec Sheet
IRS2 Hardwired Intelligent Road Stud Video
Latest Case Studies
South Ayrshire Cycle Path with Astucia Studs
Over 1000 Astucia Solarlite Road Studs have been installed along the extensive cycle path network in South Ayrshire creating an environmentally friendly and safe solution for the cycle path located in the wooded area.
A41 Chetwynd with Astucia SolarLite and Hardwired Road Studs
The A41 north of Telford, Shropshire running through Chetwynd is a notoriously dangerous stretch of road due to a staggered junction with little road markings, delineation or signage.